1. Politics. I just don’t know enough about them right now to be articulate. I almost always vote Democrat anyway.
2. Fashion. Again, I don’t know anything about it. I like clothes, shoes, etc, but my preferences often result in fashion disasters. Doubly so for when I was overweight.
3. Graduate school. There are people who love it, those who hate it and those who go so far as to rage against it. I feel as I have no authority to speak on it. I got talked out of it years ago. I don’t know if I stand by my decision. I am pretty sure I couldn’t keep up with the pace, but who knows?
4. Racial stuff. There is talk about people “passing” as white, or as disabled. (I pass as an able person, even though I am disabled) I have a lot of thoughts about it, especially inter-racial issues and romantic relationships. I am too much of a fraidy cat to approach them.
5. My marriage. It’s one of those things that I think aren’t much of anyone’s business but our own. We do talk with friends, therapists, etc but I can’t put it down in ink. It’s not your business, thank you very much.
I am getting a new therapist. It is settled. I talked to a woman named Fran Costello on the phone and something tells me this is going to be it. We spoke briefly but I set up an appointment with her for Friday. I’m looking forward to it and will report back.
I ate like a bridge troll today and probably will tomorrow. Can’t wait to weigh in! Can’t weight to run like crazy tomorrow and the next day.